18 August 2005

What is Blogging; Or, Why I'm Not a Good Blogger

I've been meaning to post something for over a week now - it will be up above this post in just a bit - but it occurs to me that this is not good blogging. I don't know what blogging really is, but I feel certain that blog posts shouldn't be "planned" as mine has been. I know the blog entries that I read and like certainly don't sound planned. On the other hand, some of them do intimidate me by their depth and breadth of knowledge.

And this all suggests to me that blogging might be a unique form of "literarity" in that it says something potentially substantive to a potential public, yet is not a formal publication or piece of research. I'm sure others have thought about this in more detail than I, but it makes me wonder...about things, that is.

No comments: