They are smart. They are creative, they are committed. They have no regard for life, either ours or their own. I believe this was not an act of desperation, but an act of asymmetrical warfare waged against us.
OK, help me out with the logic here. It must go something like this:
- Terrorists are evil.
- Evil people do evil things.
- The detainees held indefinitely at Guantanamo are terrorists (otherwise they wouldn't be held at Guantanamo).
- The detainees are therefore evil.
- Their actions are therefore evil.
- Thus, in killing themselves they were not merely trying to make America look bad in the eyes of the world but actually going so far as to wage war against the US.
- Ergo, Americans should view the detainees' deaths as despicable, hostile acts against America.