Any u2 fans knows you absolutely cannot judge a u2 album after one listen. A commenter on the Rolling Stone site said it best:
I remember the first time I listened to Achtung Baby, I thought and said out loud: "What the f--- is this?!!?"So, this is not a review in any way, shape, or form (stay tuned for that).
Achtung is one of the greatest albums ever created.
But I can say this:
- it's more of an album than anything since Achtung
- they take more chances here than they have since PoP
- GOYB makes a LOT more sense in the context of the album (like the Fly)
- there's a lot of War in this album
- I have high expectations; that is, I already have a feeling that's it's not only in the top 3 u2 album category, but that it might even have a shot at competing in that league [I liked the last 2 albums - hell, I loved Pop - but I haven't said something like this about those albums]